Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Technology Demons!

During my years at River Rock Pastor Jon and I often talked about "Technology Demons".  We decided that Satan had a technology division and that on big events he would send a few extra minions to mess with our computers, printers, and projectors.   Well, that division has invaded Corvallis, Oregon.

I have owned mac computers for nearly 20 years so what I am about to report makes me deeply sad...  After 4 hours on the phone with apple I regretfully must back everything up and start all over.  Since loading OS 10.7 known as lion, I have not been able to get on-line.  So I've tried everything and... NOTHING!  It still doesn't work so I'm backing up my computer.  Then while backing up my computer my external hard drive decided to stop working.  Do you see a trend.  Basically I have nearly a day into meaningless troubleshooting while my todo list continues to get longer and longer.  The "Techi Demons" are on the attack.

In all seriousness, technology problem are only the most recent "attacks" that Re:new or the VanTil's have experienced.  I've been sick for a week, other issues have taken center stage from our priorities, and I have a general feeling of exhaustion.

That being, today as I struggled through my computer woes the Joseph story came to my mind.  Specifically the statement "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives."  It gave me peace to think that what I am experiencing as harm against me is not outside of God's concern and knowledge.  Even if the Satan has sent his whole Tech department, what is intended for harm God can accomplish good through.

So, pray for the protection of Re:new Church, the VanTil family and the whole launch team. However, ask God to work these troubles for the good of his mission and purpose in Corvallis so that many might be saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment