Monday, May 9, 2011

We Made It!

We've been in a cyber black-hole for the last few days because I didn't connect the cable at the NEW HOUSE! So here I sit at Starbucks downtown Corvallis - a place where I have a feeling we'll be frequenting - me for fuel and Josh for connecting with folks.

The house is working out great! The first impression for us was that the yard was too small - a 6' strip across the back and a 10' square patch in the front. Noah will have it mowed in about 10 minutes! When he got out of the car he noticed some big dandelions: "I'll have to pull those, Mom!" I had no idea he was such a lawn guy! But we've since learned that the yard is not where the action is - more on that later.

Anyway, the house will work great for all of us. It's hard to untangle among the boxes, but that too is coming along. The kitchen will be a hurdle, but we're going to solve that by shopping weekly as opposed to buying in bulk as we have in the past. And there's two grocery stores within a 1/2 mile - Noah's already run to do a quick pick up for me on his bike. It's gonna be a wonderful life!

We got to the house at 1 pm and by 3 pm we were invited by the neighbors to a gathering where we met 7-8 other neighbors. Amazing! We had been praying that God would bring us the sense of community that we left in Grand Rapids, and we are certainly not in need - Praise God! The neighbors that flank our house are also Christians and wonderful people, and other folks are new to the area and looking for a new church. Amazing!

God is good! All the time, God is good!

More later! We might have internet at the house by this afternoon and I'll post more then.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy you made it safe and sound to your new home. I have really enjoyed the travel log. It remembers me of vacations we took when my children were you. I hope getting settled goes smoothly. I look forward to reading more. Take Care. Ramona Hinton

    ReplyDelete